Glömt användarnamn eller lösenord Skapa ett konto

Södersjukhuset maj 2012. Kärlkirurgisk avdelning. Foto: Ulf Huett

Work in Sweden

Practising your profession in a foreign country can be a great way to gain experience and grow personally and professionally. But to be able to work as a registered nurse, midwife, biomedical scientist or radiographer in Sweden, you need to apply for recognition at the National Board of Health and Welfare.

Apply for recognition

Nurse, midwife, biomedical scientist and radiographer are all regulated professions in Sweden. If you want to work in any of these professions in Sweden, you must apply for recognition to be eligible to practise your profession.

Within the EU

If you come from a country within the EU, you have to apply for recognition at the National Board of Health and Welfare.

Outside the EU

Nurses, midwifes, biomedical scientists and radiographers coming from countries outside the EU face major obstacles before they can practise their profession in Sweden. To get into the registration programme, which is mandatory, you must first have a residence permit.

Further information about working in Sweden and the application form for recognition is available from the National Board of Health and Welfare.

Further information about residency and working in Sweden is available from the Migration Board

If you want to look for a job in Sweden, you can contact National employment services.

Nina Bergman Internationell sekreterare
Och få:
  • Personlig utveckling
  • Trygghet och rådgivning
  • Inkomstförsäkring